[GEM-dev] financing Gem development

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Dec 12 21:12:41 CET 2017

It could be :

Dear Pd and Gem users,

Gem is a realtime 3D library for Pd that allows, among other things,
images and video processing. So, it depends on OpenGL and various other
library to decode images, film, movie etc. Unfortunately, few years ago,
Apple decided to remove Quicktime from MacOSX leaving a lot of pix_
objects unusable on this OS.
Rewrite the code to make things work is a huge task for current
developers, they need help.
That's why we are trying to hire other developers who would be able to
make the use of these pix_ objects on MacOSX (and Windows) possible again.

In order to finance this work, we put some bounty on specific issue:

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/4185729-native-film-reading-on-osx-64bit
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/4185679-native-video-capturing-on-osx-64bit
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/6492784-native-image-reading-writing-on-osx-64bit
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/52336294-make-filmds-consistent

We believe that reaching 2000$ for the 1st bounty, 1500$ for the 2nd one
and 1000$ each for the last 2 should be enough to attract developers.

If this operation is a success, we will try a second round of funding in
order to fixes smaller issue and feature request to make Gem even better.

If you are a developer willing to help, you can reach us in the Gem-dev
mailing list : https://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/gem-dev

Please forward this announcement to anyone interested in Pd/Gem.

The Gem community

++

Jack