[GEM-dev] filmAVF

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:34:10 CET 2018

I guess what I'm asking is should filmAVF *exactly* match the behavior of filmQT or should it match the behavior in general of the other film* objects?

I'm not a heavy GEM user. Does the "auto" property automatically play the file at it's natural frame rate independent of GEM's frame rate or does it play the file at GEM's frame rate? filmAVF is currently doing the latter and it wile additional work for it to do the former.

> On Jan 7, 2018, at 12:15 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Dan:
>> seems to work! it doesn't crash! loaded fillm are a little "laggy" though
>> and do not react to sudden frame changes very quickly.... at least from
>> quick tests with short clips. i did load a 2 hour .mp4 though and nothing
>> crashed so it seems all fairly stable now.
>
> By "laggy", do you mean with automatic playback? QT seems to handle that itself while filmAVF is currently letting Gem do the "auto" property which seems slower. From what the help file says, "auto" does advances the frame on the net Gem frame render.
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> @danomatika <http://twitter.com/danomatika>
> danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>