[GEM-dev] Blackmagic Deck Link Duo + Gem

Benjamin ~ b01 benjah at free.fr
Fri Jun 8 16:53:59 CEST 2018

Hello,

we've done such a thing under Linux
we used bmpcapture to write the video flux on virtual v4l2 devices
(/dev/video10 /dev/video11 /dev/video12 /dev/video13)
  with the help of v4l2loopback
(https://github.com/umlaeute/v4l2loopback) to create thoose virtual devices
under linux, the blackmagic device (blackmagick decklink quad) was not
providing v4l2 devices (it was 4 years ago)
some documentation here
https://wiki.labomedia.org/index.php/AstroFluxTechnique#Blackmagic_sous_Linux
In case you decide to switch to linux, you'll need a 64 bits OS to make
the device work

++