[GEM-dev] videoAVF

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:32:04 CET 2018

hey it works! nice!

just compiled videoavf branch. little green light turns on when opening
00.SimpleVideo.pd example. when rendering toggle is clicked window appears
and live video is displayed.

a couple things:

- live video capture shows blue channel only
- pd console gives "clear(): unimplemented)" error
- with example patch if I click rendering toggle gem window closes and
green light turns off. the only way to get live image back is either reload
patch or click rendering toggle THEN send [device 0{ message.
- with dialog message I get "[pix_video]: no dialog for current backend"

cheers
mark

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 7:27 AM IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> i just started a videoAVF plugin, that is supposed to give us live-video
> input on (modern) macOS.
>
> current state:
> - compiles
> - webcam turns on (the light)
> - i don't get an image :-(
>
> however, the behaviour is the same with PhotoBooth (running on Sierra),
> so the no-image might be a problem related to my system in general.
>
> if anybody with a working webcam on OSX wants to try it:
> - get the latest git-snapshot
> - checkout the "videoAVF" branch
> - configure with all the usual flags PLUS "--enable-videoAVF"
> - build
> - run
> - report back
>
> fgmadrs