[GEM-dev] bugs in gem-0.94 w64

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Fri Jan 18 01:53:47 CET 2019

Le 17/01/2019 à 13:48, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

> the main problem i see right now, is that any backends that require
> additional dependencies (provided by the various lib*.dll files shipped
> with Gem), do not seem to work at all :-(

some provided lib*.dll work when it's copied into pd/bin directory! I
guess they would also work if they are into windows/wow64

GEM: image loading support: SGI jpeg tiff
GEM: image saving support: SGI jpeg tiff

So I can go further into testing...

[pix_film]

*.mp4, *.avi show only the first frame

*.mpg only play 2 frames when I toggle auto or change the frameNum

*.mov doesn't load

[pix_video]: no valid video backend found

[pix_video]: backend #0='VFW'    : vfw dv iidc analog

[pix_video]: backend #1='VIDS'    : videoInput
[pix_video]: backend #2='decklink'    <--- DISABLED
[pix_video]: backend #2='vnc'    : vnc

integrated webcam works only when [device 0( is sent and console show
this in red when I open another patch containing pix_video:
[pix_video]: no valid video backend found

I'd like to test vnc device but I don't know how it works.

I could provide vlc dll but I don't know what version to use.

gem_modelASSIMP3.dll works! But [model] crashes when the help patch is
closed.

  just tried all examples and found some related bugs and some other bugs:

* fog doesn't work, fogmode > 0 show a black screen.

* gemwin show/hide cursor doesn't hide cursor.

* gemwin without borders prevent gem window from showing on the screen,
it only show in taskbar, and offset works with borders... same thing
happen on fullscreen mode, gem window disappear when fullscreen is
toggled and only show in task bar.

* all examples before 02.advanced/16.vertex_program containing [model]
doesn't crash, but with 02.advanced/16.vertex_program,
02.advanced/17.fragment_program, and  02.advanced/23.SplitScreen it crashes

* in 04.pix/05.film.pd homer.avi and anim-1.mov crashes, in
04.pix/06.movie.pd they stucks with stack overflow in pd console

* 04.pix/25.buffer crashes when loading alea.mpg

* 04.pix/26.framebuffer_readback crashes when closing patch

* 04.pix/27.bitmap_font :
[pix_image]: failed to load image 'C:/Program
Files/Pd/extra/Gem/examples/04.pix/../data/bitmap_font_6x8.bmp'

  graphic card is  GeForce GTX 1050 for following bugs:

* 10.glsl/01.simple_texture and 12.multi_screen_projection display only
one pixel from the image loaded

* 10.glsl/08.multi_pass_rendering crashes when patch is closed

* 10.glsl/10.GPGPU_Physical_model doesn't work and crashes (debordement
de la pile)

graphic card is GeForce GTX 1050

* 10.glsl/11.geometry and 10.glsl/16.vertexbuffer_attributes crashe at
rendering

* 10.glsl/12.tri2fan crashes at rendering and patch is showing almost
outside the screen

thanks for this new release!

and happy debbuging :D