[GEM-dev] gemframebuffer and GL[1284]: stack underflow error

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 12:28:03 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm working on a new object to play video and draw them directly into a
frame buffer (I'm using libvmpv[1] to do so).
This object will be publicly released on the end of august.
In the meantime, I have optimisation trouble.
The object inherit from gemframebuffer object and I would like to redraw on
the fbo only when a new frame is available, for performance reason.
But in my render() method,if I do not call gemframebuffer::render() then I
get in the Pd's console :

    GL[1284]: stack underflow error

I'm wondering how I can get rid of this ?
i.e. returning render() method without calling gemframebuffer::render() ?
If I call it without drawing the frame, then the fbo is black.
If there is no new frame I just want to reuse last texture.

Best

Antoine