[GEM-dev] gem-mpv : high resolution video decoding in Gem

pierre at 314r.net pierre at 314r.net
Sun Aug 25 11:21:24 CEST 2019

Hi,

>> Le dim. 18 août 2019 à 16:41, Jack <jack at rybn.org
>> <mailto:jack at rybn.org>> a écrit :
>>
>>     Hi Antoine,
>>     I just tested this new object and thanks for it.

Yeaah ! this object is just THE thing I was missing,
it will help me a lot, many thanks Antoine for this !

I'll test further to compare performance in my A/V patches (which for
now are made with gemframebuffers, readanysf~, pix_film),
but for the firsts tests I've made, it seems that [mpv] is doing a very
good job !

>>     - the sound of the video is audible, it will be nice to have x
>> signal
>>     outlets (with x channels of sounds) from the mpv object.
>>

>> indeed, that could be an improvement
>> PR are welcome :-)
>
> Done !
> ++
>
> Jack

yes audio output is a very good improvment !
it could solve the old and recurrent problem of audio clics & drop out
in audio/video patches !

++
Pierre