[GEM-dev] PD GEM: [pix_video]: no valid video backend found

Ramon Wilhelm ramon.wilhelm at informatik.hs-fulda.de
Mon May 18 07:52:47 CEST 2020

Hello,

I've tried to film with my webcam. Unfortunately, I always receive the
error message "[pix_video]: no valid video backend found" and my webcam
only gives back an white rectangle.

Here is the full message, after loading the movement2.pd in PureData:

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.94.git v0.94
GEM: compiled  on Feb 12 2019
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :    Mark Danks (original version)
GEM:        Chris Clepper
GEM:        Cyrille Henry
GEM:        IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: with help by Guenter Geiger, Daniel Heckenberg, James Tittle,
Hans-Christoph Steiner, et al.
GEM: found a bug? miss a feature? please report it:
GEM:     homepage https://gem.iem.at/
GEM:     bug-tracker https://bugs.gem.iem.at/
GEM: compiled for MMX/SSE2 architecture
GEM: using SSE2 optimization
GEM: detected 8 CPUs
GEM: image loading plugins: magick SGI STB jpeg tiff
GEM: film loading plugins: DirectShow
GEM: image saving plugins: SGI STB jpeg magick tiff
GEM: model loading plugins: ASSIMP3 OBJ
GEM: video capture plugins: VIDS decklink vnc
[pix_video]: backend #0='VIDS'    : videoInput
[pix_video]: backend #1='decklink'    <--- DISABLED
[pix_video]: backend #1='vnc'    : vnc

In the appendix is the movement2.pd program, which does not work.
I'm using the PureData Vanilla 64-bit version.

What should I do to capture a video with my webcam?
I thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Ramón Wilhelm

confirm 87a6bc52cd530be301195b99b403d15a6994bbf3confirm
87a6bc52cd530be301195b99b403d15a6994bbf3