[PD-announce] pd 0.35 test 24 released (sources, plus Win compiled)

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed May 29 11:56:42 CEST 2002

hi Miller,

dealing with fonts in a cross-platform way is a nightmare --
I cannot offer any other help, than checking how things look in my
setup.  In font sizes 8, 10, and 12, the amount of space between
the top border and tall lower case letters or digits is one pixel
only, and is completely filled with any inlet that happens to be
drawn over them.

The same goes for number boxes -- both old-style ones, and
`my_numboxes' (but nbx looks cleaner, because the text is pushed
to the right, away from the inlet).  With `symbol gatoms' low
margin is affected as well (in all font sizes except 36), which
is not the case with object boxes.

But really, this might be due to my faulty setup (debian woody,
out-of-the-box -- if there is such a thing), and anyway, I do not
mind looking at any kind of object box height troubles...
<rant>unlike object box width troubles...</rant>.

Btw, arrays are now fully dollar-aware, which is great news.
Also the ability to edit arguments of graphed-on-parent
abstractions, without clearing graph-on-parent flag first,
is very nice!

Krzysztof