[PD-announce] speex~ : a voice quality streamer

Dregs dregs at noos.fr
Tue Aug 6 04:29:13 CEST 2002

hi,

here is a new external ( actually, just a wrapper
to Jean-Marc Valin's Speex library :
http://speex.sourceforge.net ).

this is called speex~ : it is a voice quality streamer
which allows you to transmit a low-rate signal
over a TCP connection
( this is supposed to be used for voice, not music ).

i use for two main purposes :

a/ remix some remote voices into my music

b/ save on phone bills by phoning with PD and my [ poor ] cable connection

available at the usual place : http://ydegoyon.free.fr

-- BUGS --

it only works for samplerate=44100 ( the default in PD )
and due to some internal resampling approximations,
the pitch of voices is slightly changed ( i find it fun for now,
might get bored with it one day ).

enjoy,

sevy/yves

PS : by the way, a big thanks to Jean-Marc Valin
who helped me a lot in the development process.