[PD-announce] Tone Deaf Fest this weekend in Kingston, Ontario, Canada

David N G McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon Sep 30 18:53:45 CEST 2002

The Kingston Tone Deaf Fest is taking place Friday and Saturday the 4-5 of
October, 2002 in Kingston, Ontario (Canada).

The Pd-related element is that my set will be in Pd (except for my partner
who'll be droning away on various antiquated synths). Should be pretty
ambient/minimal. I'm playing under the name sin(theta).

The highlight of the event, for me, is Knurl from Toronto with very cool
sound-sculpture work.

The official release says: "kingston's first festival of noise--the tone
deaf fest--will be a two-night affair at the princess court theatre, once
a grand cinema that has recently re-opened for special events. performers
include knurl, their gods were flesh (jason bellchamber/peter thompson),
patrick gregory, matthew bourgher, the city that fun forgot, sin theta,
clive robertson and ctrl f."

There's no official web page, but further info is available on the Events
section of my web page http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/html/events.html.

.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free