[PD-announce] Pd 0.36 test 3 released -- source or windows-compiled

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 8 20:28:03 CET 2002

Hi all,

Pd 0.36 test 3 is available in source form or compiled for Windows.

I've fixed several problems in 0.36 test 2 -- most notably, I finally
fixed the CPU-time bizarreness when running on P4s, at least so that
it works well under Linux.  It should be fixed for Windows as well, but
I haven't managed to get to a machine to test this on yet.

I haven't compiled this on Mac OSX yet.

Other fixes: if you "flip" a window (via properties) text objects stick to
the bottom, not the top (fixing a problem when resizing flipped windows;
comments and data moved differently!)

number boxes are now less greedy about grabbing keyboard events.

The fiddle~ compile problem should be fixed.

At this point I'll try to limit myself to documentation and fixing major
bugs (like the Pd/ALSA-RC5 conflict) until a solid 0.36 is up.

Next plans (for 0.37): eliminating unnecessary redraws and queueing them so
that they don't interrupt processing; also, update the Max/Pd import/export
facility.

cheers
Miller