[PD-announce] pd 0.36 for IRIX released

Soren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Thu Dec 5 10:59:42 CET 2002

Hi Miller and others...

I have compiled PD 0.36 for IRIX n32 and placed a binary package at:
http://www.cvmt.dk/~sb/

Source changes:
I have made changes to s_main.c, s_sgi.c and the makefile.
The device/channel selection code added by IOhannes for version 0.35
doesn't work on IRIX (s_main.c and s_sgi.c). It simply won't compile. I
added an empty function call void sys_listdevs( void). This allows
compiling but PD will only run with 2 IOs. I have made some other mods
and commented on it in the files I mentioned.

Compiling:
It is compiled with support for posix threads (-lpthreads in makefile).

I get this warning. Is it fatal in any way?

cc-1164 cc: WARNING File = t_tkcmd.c, Line = 348
   Argument of type "int (*)(ClientData, Tcl_Interp *, int, char **)" is
           incompatible with parameter of type "Tcl_CmdProc *".

       Tcl_CreateCommand(interp, "pd",  pdCmd, (ClientData)NULL,

Functionality:
One thing doesn't work! Loading externals :-(
This got lost in 0.35 somehow. When I for instance try to
load 'choice' I get:

load_object: Symbol "choice_setup" not found
  choice
... couldn't create

Do you have any Idea what is going on? It seems to be able to find the
file allright but never really finds the setup function. I have tried
older irix6 externals as well (from 0.34) without luck.

I really hope you can help with this last one :-)

Cheers
Soeren Bovbjerg