[PD-announce] PiDiP v0.6.0 [ my first video object ]

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Mon Jan 6 03:05:52 CET 2003

mm, it's not decided yet but the idea was
to transmit PDP's internal packet format
over a TCP connection
( to be more accurate 1 packet then diffs between packets,
all of this compressed with bz2 ).

this has the advantage to be a lossless transmission
( i usually dislike the quality of common net streaming )
and to avoid CPU-consuming image compression
but of course this would require bandwidth,
of course, don't expect this to work with a modem.

these are choices /might discuss about it

cheers,

sevy/yves