[PD-announce] [GEM] pix_video_ds: DirectShow video capture for Windows

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Tue Feb 11 19:27:32 CET 2003

Hi All,

The first release of pix_video_ds, a DirectShow based live video capture object
for Windows platforms can be found at:
http://www.bogusfront.org

Features:
Flexible video capture from any DirectShow supported device, including DV
cameras.

Limitations:
- Relatively untested - DirectShow is very complicated and I have only tested
with a small number of devices.  Try it and let me know how you go!
- Requires DirectShow 8 or greater (perhaps 8.1 or greater?)
- Binary only release.  Links against GEM v0.87

I'll roll this object into GEM itself once it is stable and tested.

A final note:
I'll be travelling for the next week so I will not be able to provide any
support/reply to any email until my return.

Good luck,
daniel