[PD-announce] the gluiph at NIME2003

Sukandar Kartadinata sk at glui.de
Thu May 8 01:21:53 CEST 2003

Hi all,
for everyone interested in seeing pd run on the gluiph - I'll be
presenting my paper "the gluiph - a nucleus for integrated instruments"
at this year's NIME conference in Montreal (May, 22-24).
Being part of a poster session there will be plenty opportunity to see
the system in operation. I will bring with me a keyboard instrument and
possibly also an electronic drum.

NIME: New Interfaces for Musical Expression - www.nime.org

Abstract:
In this paper I present the gluiph, a single-board computer that was
conceived as a platform for integrated electronic musical instruments.
It aims to provide new instruments as well as existing ones with a
stronger identity by untethering them from the often lab-like stage
setups built around general purpose computers. The key additions to its
core are a flexible sensor subsystem and multi-channel audio I/O. In
contrast to other stand-alone approaches it retains a higher degree of
flexibility by supporting popular music programming languages, with
Miller Puckette's pd being the current focus

www.glui.de/proj/gluiph.html

hope I'll see some of you there!
best,
Sukandar