[PD-announce] pvoc~ 0.1

Ben Saylor bensaylor at hotpop.com
Sat May 10 14:06:24 CEST 2003

pvoc~ is a phase vocoder external that provides independent control of
the playback position within the sound and pitch transposition via two
control inlets.  It features adjustable phase locking and transient
de-smearing (given a list of manually determined transient positions).
In the future it may incorporate other enhancements, such as
independent processing of peaks and noise.

One advantage over an abstraction-based PV is that the delay of the
output doesn't depend on the FFT size, so it's more immediately
responsive.  Hopefully it's also a little more efficient, but I haven't
tested it yet for efficiency.

pvoc~ requires FFTW 3.  It has not been tested yet on anything other
than Debian unstable on Intel.  Here's a direct URL, but it will only
be there temporarily because I'm graduating soon and losing my web
space..

http://www.macalester.edu/~bsaylor/pvoc~-0.1.tar.gz

Comments, suggestions, and code welcome. :)

Ben