[PD-announce] updated ff externals

vanDongen-Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Wed May 21 22:55:00 CEST 2003

I just put up an update for my force feedback external lib.

changes:

It now has better error checking.

The library checks for available ff devices on loading, and assigns numbers
to them as it finds them. (starting at 0)
The externals now refer to the device by this number. (usually 0 if you
have only one ff device)

If you run out of memory on the force-feedback device, you now can load and
unload effects.

Ijust thought of another use for ff-effects:
attach 2 ff joy sticks to the computer and make a copy of pd_joystick that
uses the second joystick.
You now can make forcefeedback music games for multiple players. Where your
actions with your 'stick pushes the 'stick of your opponent. All in pd.

Gerard

PS
Hans-Cristoph, I have somehow lost your examples. Could you mail them to me
again, and I will include them.