[PD-announce] New beta version of MacOS X installer

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Oct 3 05:17:02 CEST 2003

I just put up a new version of the MacOS X installer, with a number of
key changes and new features. If you have Pd already installed, be
forewarned that this new installer installs Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 by default.
If you don't want Tcl/Tk reinstalled, then click "Customize" in the
"Installation Type" screen, and uncheck Tcl.pkg and Tk.pkg.

http://www.pure-data.org/Members/hans

- Many more help files are available by right-clicking (but many are
still not ported to 0.37)
- FLEXT is now included, along with pool and xsample
- toxy (tot, tow, and widget) is now included
- nqpoly included
- working zexy
- a first attempts at a /Applications double-clicker with file icon
support
	(It looks like a folder, but if you double-click it, it launches Pd)

I have been compiling and testing this on MacOS X 10.2.8.  There is a
chance that it won't work on < 10.2.  Let me know if you get it working
on 10.0 or 10.1.

.hc

                                     http://at.or.at/hans/