[PD-announce] The New RRADicals: Memento 0.3, Speakerboxx, Analogue

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Dec 15 16:11:17 CET 2003

Hi,

i've uploaded three new packages for the RRADical Pd project to
pure-data.org at

 http://www.pure-data.org/community/projects/rradical/patches/

First this is a new version of Memento, now at 0.3, that includes a
proposed handling of remote controlled patches via OSC. OSC is built
into the commun object. Remote control can be done with the
netcontrol.pd GOP patch.

Also I hacked a dirty copy/paste functionality into memento.

Both new features are open for discussion.

To show off how Memento can be used I created two example packages,
that unfortunatly require some externals to make sound and might only
work on Linux. Still, the useage of Memento should become clear even
without sound.

The two packages are:

_ __Speakerboxx_
 ver. 0.1

This is a symbol-sequenced beatbox built around the ratts-library
available from http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd/
A Linux compile is included.

If you cannot make it to produce sound, here's how it would sound:
http://footils.org/snd/goondah.ogg

_ __Analogue_
 ver. 0.1

This is a RRADical GUI for Steve Harris' analogueOsc LADSPA plugin.
For it you'd need the plugin~ external and the swh-plugins from
plugin.org.uk

This shows, how I'd figure a total separation of GUI with presets and
the soundengine, which is important for polyphony. Please also note
the hierarchical useage of RRADical patches.

All these packages need a big cleanup...

Have fun.

("Din daah daah, din deeh deeh. Ooh, chacka chacka.")

ciao