[PD-announce] tbext w/ fftw support

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Feb 29 19:05:12 CET 2004

hi all,

i'm proud to present the first really useful externals for my small
library, that mainly contained boring / obsolete stuff:

rfftw~ and rifftw~:
they are doing exactly the same as the pd-internal rfft~ / rifft~, but
since they use the fftw3 library, they are pretty fast:

benchmarks on my p4 2.5 GHz for 16 objects:
(fftw with sse/sse2 enabled, pd with -O3 -march=pentium4 -mmmx -msse
-msse2-mfpmath=sse, gcc 3.3.3)

				rfft~		rfftw~:
block size 64 / overlap 32	65%		32%
	   128		32	75%		36%
	   256		32	82%		39%
	   512		32	90%		43%
	  1024		32	99%		48%
	  2048		16	56%		30%
	  4096		16	62%		37%
	  8192		16	68%		40%

				rifft~		rifftw~:
	    64		32	56%		30%
	   128		32	66%		31%
	   256		32	73%		29%
	   512		32	82%		31
	  1024		32	90%		33%
	  2048		32	100%		40%
	  4096		16	57%		27%
	  8192		16	64%		29%

i'm planing to add fftw~ and ifftw~ objects, soon...

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,