[PD] Re: [PD-announce] workshop Pure Data

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Apr 9 11:59:31 CEST 2004

Yves Degoyon wrote:

>> Note for OSX and Windows users
>> PD, GEM and PDP are multi platform and besides Linux can be used under
>> OSX and Windows.
>
> PDP does not and will never run on Windows.

Honest textual mistake. Happens when two people work on the same text
from time to time....

>> There will be a special 'installing PD and GEM crash course on the
>> first day of the workshop, which will take beginners through the
>> process of installation step by step. OSX users should take into
>> account that installing PDP on their machines might not be possible
>> during the limited time of the workshop.
>>
> i think it should take one hour.

This part was written in the Dark Ages, when installing PDP/PiDiP + all
libs with Fink took all day. I haven't verified the new installation
process myself yet, but I hope that it has rendered the above paragraph
obsolete.

>> A step by step manual is available online.

Refers to Sara and Rob's hard work in figuring out what to do with the
last release. Again, hopefully obsolete documentation.

> whatever..,

Aren't we a little grumpy in the mornings ;-)

I post a new call to the main PD List, maybe you can check it for
inconsistancies as well? ;-)

honestly, best wishes + thx for your hard work!
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 146: