[PD-announce] Free Piksel Clash

Marloes de Valk marloes at montevideo.nl
Tue Jun 15 13:27:24 CEST 2004

Free Piksel Clash
20.30 hrs
Netherlands Media Art Institute

Guests: Jaromil (I), Tom Schouten (B), and Niels Elburg (NL)
Entrance: free (free as in video ;) no commercial business nor companies are endorsed during the whole evening, can you believe it??)

Thru the vast free and open source software panorama running on
GNU/Linux platform there are a few emerging pioneeristic efforts in
developing applications for realtime video manipulation:
VeeJay, PD/PDP and FreeJ

the same night all the three authors of these software will be
introducing the audience to the approach and features they are realizing
in their development, finally ending up in a FreeJay video clash, all
running 100% free GNU GPL software.

are we ready for a GNU generation of video?

featuring: Jaromil, Tom Schouten and Niels Elburg

links:
<http://piksel.no>
<http://freej.dyne.org>
<http://veejay.sf.net>