[PD-announce] ogglive~ - Ogg/Vorbis peer-to-peer streaming

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Jul 2 10:17:49 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I finally would like to announce a 'pre-release' of the ogglive~
low-latency multichannel peer-to-peer streaming external that I coded
for the TOT project at SAT, Montreal (http://tot.sat.qc.ca/eng/).

ogglive~ is a peer-to-peer streaming external that needs no streaming
server and thus allows for very low latency (about < 100 ms depending on
stream size). It is a receiver/decoder and encoder/sender in one single
object.

Versions for OS X and Windows can be found here:

http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/ogglive~/

The sources should also compile on Linux, but I never tried that. To
compile it a beta version of Ogg/Vorbis is needed. It does not work with
the libs that probably come with your Linux distribution!

Please report any bugs directly to me!

happy streaming,
Olaf