[PD-announce] new [hid] release + simple mapping objects

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 22 22:40:54 CET 2004

This version of [hid] fixes the crasher bug when you try to open a
non-existant device.

I am currently working on making a suite of objects for mapping
controller data.  I am making a number of objects like [mouse],
[joystick], etc. which all output range (0 to 1 for axes).  Then the
mapping objects all take data of this range and output 0 to 1 so that
the data can be easily mapped and scaled to parameters.  Included are
log, square root, and cube root; and exponent, square, and cube; as
well as a basic smoothing object.

The overarching idea for these objects is to make clearly defined,
high-level objects for beginners and for rapid prototyping when using
external controllers in Pd patches.  At least point I am looking for
ideas, comments, etc. about other possible mapping functions

http://puredata.org/Members/hans/downloads

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore