[PD-announce] Call for IMPROVISATION!

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Sat Jan 15 08:22:40 CET 2005

Hello everybody,

Mlab Helsinki contributes to the Art’s Birthday 2005 celebration by
organizing NoiseCity Helsinki electro-acoustic music event on Saturday
15th of January (TODAY).

During this event, Clonus Patterns' (Improvisation band from Mlab /
UIAH)  performance will start at 21:30 (GMT+2)  and it will last 20
min. During Clonus Patterns' Performance you can send text messages
from the following URL and these messages will be part of our
improvisation session. http://noise.uiah.fi/

So, lets play together!! Your messages will control our pd instruments.
Each word, each letter in these text messages will be transformed into
individual sound forms, which will be the part of the Clonus Patterns
improvisation.

We will enable this browser to send messages soon at
http://noise.uiah.fi

For locals, 14561 is the phone number (only for Elisa subscribers) that
you can send your SMS messages to control our pd instruments during the
improvisation session. You need to type "nc"  (without quotation marks)
first then the message that you want to send.

ps. we will also steam Art's Birthday NoiseCity Helsinki event from
 http://noise.uiah.fi:8000/live

best,
Koray.

M.Koray Tahiroglu
DA student/researcher
Media Lab,
University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
tel: +358 40 754 8449
fax: +358 9 75630 555