[PD-announce] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3.app Released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 21 21:40:21 CET 2005

Finally, I released another Pd-extended, but this one is quite
different.  Its based on the cross-platform, cross-package build
system.  Soon, I shall be releasing a Windows and Linux build based on
this as well.

http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers-0.38.4-extendedRC3.html

  Lots of changes, got the first complete(-ish) build with the new
extended build system. I left as much of the old functionality in place
as possible, definitely were it was being used. But there are some
changes that break backwards compatibility, thought they should be
noticed by few, and be easy to fix going forward.

Some highlights:

* centralized patch system (packages/patches with targets patch_pd and
unpatch_pd)

* libdir format: basically a libdir is a directory that has both the
objects and the help files together in one folder. It can be added
using -lib or the StartUp preferences, or you can access them via
geiger namespaces, i.e. [mylibrary/myobject].

* special characters allow in setup function/file names for objects.
This makes objects like [||~] possible without having to be in a
library. Now they can be either .pd files or individual .pd_darwin
files (thanks IOhannes for the patch).

____

                             http://at.or.at/hans/