[PD-announce] Real Time Composition Library (RTC-lib) for Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Aug 28 18:09:43 CEST 2006

RTC-lib
=======

The Real Time Composition Library by Karlheinz Essl and others is a
software library for algorithmic composition in Max/MSP/Jitter ... and
now for Pure Data as well.

The first prerelease of my RTC-lib Pd port is available here:
http://footils.org/pkg/rtc-lib-pre0.2.tgz

Some more info: http://footils.org/cms/show/56

Quoting the original README:

    This software library - a collection of patches and externals for
    Max/MSP - offers the possibility to experiment with a number of
    compositional techniques, such as serial procedures, permutations
    and controlled randomness. Most of these objects are geared
    towards straightforward processing of data. By using these
    specialized objects together in a patch, programming becomes much
    more clear and easy. Many functions that are often useful in
    algorithmic composition are provided with this library - therefore
    the composer could concentrate rather on the composition than the
    programming aspects.

The Pd version currently includes about 140 abstractions that almost
all are documented with their respective help files.

Some objects still are missing and also so far only I tested the
ported objects, so your help is needed: Please test, and if you have
Max/MSP: compare the behaviour! Also help is needed with the missing
about one or two dozen objects.

A lot of thanks goes to Karlheinz Essl who is very supportive of this
project and was answering a lot of my questions regarding the port.
Thanks of course also go to the other authors of the RTC-lib and on
the Pd side especially to Krzysztof Czaja: without his Cyclone library
this project would have been impossible to do for me.

Ciao