[PD-announce] xtract~ 0.2.0

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 23:22:14 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Some of you may be aware of, or may have used externals from my flib
library (available in the pure-data CVS). flib is now deprecated, and
will no longer be developed (at least not by me). Most of the
functionality from flib has now been ported to the much more extensive
LibXtract library (available via
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libxtract).

The library tarball includes a PD external that provides a wrapper for
the library's functions. Currently these comprise of:

    MEAN,
    VARIANCE,
    STANDARD_DEVIATION,
    AVERAGE_DEVIATION,
    SKEWNESS,
    KURTOSIS,
    CENTROID,
    IRREGULARITY_K,
    IRREGULARITY_J,
    TRISTIMULUS_1,
    TRISTIMULUS_2,
    TRISTIMULUS_3,
    SMOOTHNESS,
    SPREAD,
    ZCR,
    ROLLOFF,
    LOUDNESS,
    FLATNESS,
    TONALITY,
    CREST,
    NOISINESS,
    RMS_AMPLITUDE,
    INHARMONICITY,
    POWER,
    ODD_EVEN_RATIO,
    SHARPNESS,
    SLOPE,
    LOWEST_MATCH,
    HPS,
    F0,
    MAGNITUDE_SPECTRUM,
    AUTOCORRELATION,
    AUTOCORRELATION_FFT,
    AMDF,
    ASDF,
    MFCC,
    DCT,
    BARK_COEFFICIENTS,
    PEAKS,
    FLUX,
    ATTACK_TIME,
    DECAY_TIME,
    DELTA_FEATURE

Some documentation of the code can be found at:
http://libxtract.sourceforge.net

There is also a PD help file with the distribution that explains how to
use the external, and provides a few usage examples.

Please feel free to email me with any suggestions/questions/comments.

best,

Jamie