[PD-announce] Swirler at Habitats and ReMUX

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 9 05:54:07 CET 2006

I'll be setting up my sound installation Swirler (written in Pd, of
course) at this event.  I don't know exactly when yet, and whether I
have any guest list slots.  But I'll be exhibiting it on Friday the
17th in a free venue at Polytechnic, so if you're  broke you can
catch that:

http://idmi.poly.edu/remux

Begin forwarded message:

> HABITATS: November 9-12 @ The Brooklyn Lyceum
> 227 4th Ave (corner of president) - R/M train to Union St.
> Thursday Nov 9th FREE
> Friday through Sunday $15 per day
> *** FESTIVAL PASS $40 for all activities for 4 days ***
> http://www.global-habitat.net
>
> Environmental Conferences - Collaborative Art - Electronic
> Landscapes - Organic Technologies - Emergent Communities - Come Co-
> Exist!
>
> CONfirMED CULTUrAL SPEAKErS
> Steven Johnson - author of"Emergence, the connected lives of ants,
> brains, cities and software"
> Douglas Rushkoff - author of "Media Virus"
> Peter Principle of Tuxedomoon
> Manna Jo Greene
>
> COMMUNiTY ArTS AND wOrKSHOPS
> Carol Caputo, IRUBNY
> Walking Tours of Gowanus + soundmaps by the  NY Acoustic Eccology
> Aaron Lazansky-Oliva
> Prospect Park Zoo
>
> ENvirONMENTAL CONfErENCE
> Gowanus Water Quality + Green Building
> Coordinated by Gowanus Canal Community Development Corp
>
> iNSTALLATiON/ PErfOrMANCE ArTiSTS
> Pauline Oliveros (of Deep Listening Foundation)
> Lary Seven
> Jim Thirlwell (of Foetus)
> Harlan Emil Gruber
> Amoeba Technology
> 2012, sponsored by CEC Arts Link
> Project503, Russia
> Antartic Project, Russia
> Elena Elik, Russia
> Luke DuBois
> Luis Maurette, Argentina
> Klauss, Argentina
> Eva Sjuve,  Sweden
> Ken Hiratsuka, Japan
> Martha Walker
> Nur Habib Tiven (Jummah Players - modern Sufi music)
> DJ Rhizome
> Cilla Vee
> Zarah Cabanas
> Hans-Christoph Steiner
> Marianna Ellenberg
> Zemi17
> Peripheral Media
> Lance Blisters
> Ne(x)tworks
> Kim Holleman
> Sam Rudy
> Andreas Sell
> Spaze Crafte One
> free103point9
> Share
>

> Habitats is being Presented by Eidolon Culture in partnership with the
> Gowanus Canal CDC. Sponsored by the Brooklyn Arts Council, CEC Arts
> Link, Material for the Arts, Lowes, Brooklyn Center for the Urban
> Environment, NYSCA, MediaTheFoundation, Experimental TV Center. With
> generous contributions from Peripheral Media, Amoeba Technology,
> Share,
> Kiahkeya, Polytechnic University, The Buckminster Fuller Institute,
> ARAS (Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism), Greener Pastures,
> Gowanus Dregders Club and Gowanus Nursery.
>

> >From November 9-12 in Gowanus Brooklyn, artists, scientists,
> community
> [...]

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!