[PD-announce] [Desiredata] introducing [tracecall] !

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jul 15 19:14:43 CEST 2007

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, [*~] wrote:

> do you think it will be useful to take this feature a bit further by
> allowing user to step through the tracecall, with object hilited as
> visual feedback?

All sorts of things are possible. I have plenty of ideas in mind on how to
use it. [tracecall] can be used to record a report about every error (or
the last N errors), which could be queried by the user. Those reports
could be either listed as text or drawn in the patch... or both, with
clickable text.

> i mean, like, one can keep click on a "next" button to advance the
> trace, and at each time step, a corresponding object in the tracecall
> will be hilited.

If you want to help implementing this, you are welcome.