[PD-announce] Pd 0.41-2 released

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 00:19:50 CET 2008

Miller Puckette wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> three more bug fixes, including one I forgot to throw in the release notes:
> I figured out why cutting/pasting text into boxes didn't work on
> MACOS or Windows.

thanks!!!!!!

I could think about other interface related changes:
for example when only one object is selected and you start typing (any
other than arrows) it should be possible to write into the object
without an additional click into the object. I often use ctrl+d to
duplicate an object and then arrow keys to place it on the canvas, and
then I would like to just start typing into the object.
or when there is more than one object selected and I click into one
object, but do not drag, then that object could switch to type-entry
mode. right now I have to unselect all objects by clicking into the
canvas and then click into the box to start text entry.
and also exiting entry mode with enter would actually be nice, too. (for
  messages cr could be shift+enter (the cr is overwritten anyway).
btw are there any hooks so that more actions could be triggered by
keyboard shortcuts? (i think pd.tk holds some keyboard shortcuts..)
oh, and one other thing I find useful in max is the alt click and drag
function. you click on an object and as soon as you start draging that
object is duplicated, but at the same time you already have the new
object at the cursor position and can place it fast at a new spot.

cheers,
marius.

The others: a crash bug on windows when restarting DSP