[PD-announce] Announcement Kickstart RJ

geiger at xdv.org geiger at xdv.org
Wed Jul 2 13:42:24 CEST 2008

= RJ Sprint, July 2008 =

www.realityjockey.com

= Kickstart interactive music =

RJ is an interactive music format for the iphone and other mobile
devices. The goal of the project is to turn interactive music into a
consumer format.

? RJ tracks are mainly consumed with headphones. Think of it as the
next generation of walkman or mp3 player. The consumer experience of
RJ is similar to the effects of drugs. Drugs affect our sensory
perception, so does RJ. RJ is a mind twisting hearing sensation.?

= Open doors =

RJ is built on a number of open source components and most parts of
the project will be open sourced in return. RJ tracks are composed
using pure data (PD). The RJ player has direct access to the online
repository of RJ tracks. Of course we want as much people as possible
to participate in this and create RJ tracks.

= RJ sprint =

The first RJ sprint is focused on people who want to produce RJ tracks
using Pure Data. We will provide RJ-Know-How and sufficient tools. You
should be a fluid PD user with a music background. For this first
sprint we are looking for 5 to 10 people. Your feedback will have
direct impact on the development of the RJ format, player and
composition tools.
Right now we can offer to you not more and not less than being among
the first RJs. Your RJ tracks will be the first tracks downloadable on
the RJ player. If we manage to turn RJ into a success story, your name
and your tracks will be part of this success.

= Welcome =

The event is the first of a number of sprints hosted by Michael
Breidenbruecker, Guenter Geiger, Paul Brossier and Amaury Hazan. It
takes place in Bizau, Austria on a hopefully sunny weekend in the
scenic landscape of the austrian alps.
Of course we will cover the costs of your traveling from and to Bizau,
accommodation and food during the event.
We would be very delighted to welcome you and a number of fellow RJs
in Bizau. Please let or Guenter or Michael know as soon as possible if
you are interested and we will contact you concerning details.