[PD-announce] [polygrainsynth] bug

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 24 04:32:47 CET 2008

Murphy's Law is upheld once more...I tested both synthesizers fairly
carefully for almost a week before releasing them, but within hours of
releasing, I've found a fairly major bug in [polygrainsynth].

This bug isn't fatal; you can make sound with the current
[polygrainsynth].  The problem: pointer hop control doesn't work
properly until after 'n' notes are played, where n equals your number of
allocated voices.  I know where the problem is, but don't have it fixed
and tested yet.

Expect an update soon.

[polywavesynth] is fine, I think (knock on wood!).

Phil Stone