[PD-announce] The OtherSide Server is DEAD!

Ilias Anagnostopoulos I.Anagnostopoulos at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Nov 29 04:13:39 CET 2008

The OtherSide server died a couple of hours ago... Hardware failure! It
refuses to boot. It was experiencing some RAM problems and I tried to
fix it by replacing the RAM with a stick of the exact same specs. This
somehow managed to fry the motherboard. It does not do anything anymore.

This means that you will no longer be able to get anything from the APT
repository (PD-extended and more) and you will not be able to access the
SVN Repository, until this is fixed.

I hope we will have no data loss, since the hard disk should not have
been affected by this. I will try to find a replacement server as soon
as possible. If I don't find one by tomorrow, I will try and host things
temporarily here and there until a permanent solution can be found.

Anyone willing to offer server-space (temporarily) or an actual server
machine, please let me know..

-Ilias