[PD-announce] Holiday Hackshop: Hack yer iPod! @ Eyebeam, Sat, Dec 13th

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 4 21:37:12 CET 2008

http://www.eyebeam.org/engage/engage.php?page=unique&id=206
http://dev.eyebeam.org/projects/reware/wiki/Workshop

December 13, 2008
Sat., Dec. 13, 1PM – workshops
6PM: Holiday party (think spiked eggnog, cider and holiday treats!)
540 W. 21st St.

Cost: Free. Calling all makers, residents, fellows, and friends …

If you haven’t yet experienced everyone’s favorite holiday gift-
making event, here’s the scoop: For one day and one day only, Eyebeam
becomes an all-ages, mutl-workshop electronic craft-making fair, with
entertainment, decorations and plenty of holiday spirit.

Have an iPod you want to repurpose into a hackable music machine?
Install iPodLinux and make music with Pd! Want to play Doom on your
iPod Video? Come install Rockbox! Did your trusty iPod’s battery
finally die, or disk give in? Come and break open your iPod, either
the software, the hardware or both. Give it new life and new purpose.
Also, we have on hand our stash of old iPods for harvesting parts,
and the newfound skills for frankensteining dead iPods into living
ones. Join Hans-Christoph Steiner and Chris “the Widget” DiMauro with
your own iPod, or try your hand to see if you can create a living one
from our pile.

This workshop is a place to get exposed to the possibilities. We’ve
been hacking on some iPods to see what’s possible. Lots of this
software is kind of raw, but you can do lots of fun stuff now. We are
just getting started, we are having fun exploring the options. Now we
want to help you do the same.

Check out our wiki to see if your devices are supported:

http://dev.eyebeam.org/projects/reware/wiki/Workshop

----

publicity.          - Bill Moyers