[PD-announce] Hack Yer iPod! in Liverpool, March 12th thru 17th

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 11 19:47:44 CET 2009

Hey, come join me in Liverpool at FACT and hack your iPod!  It starts
tomorrow, its pretty last minute, we have dates, but the times aren't
ironed out yet.

Where: http://fact.co.uk/ in Liverpool, England
When: March 12th thru 17th (check the website for times)

Have an iPod you want to repurpose into a hackable music machine?
Install iPodLinux and make music with Pd! Want to play Doom on your
iPod Video? Come install Rockbox! Did your trusty iPod’s battery
finally die, or disk give in? Come and break open your iPod, either
the software, the hardware or both. Give it new life and new purpose.
Also, we have on hand our stash of old iPods for harvesting parts, and
the newfound skills for frankensteining dead iPods into living ones.
Join Hans-Christoph Steiner and Chris “the Widget” DiMauro with your
own iPod, or try your hand to see if you can create a living one from
our pile.

This workshop is a place to get exposed to the possibilities. We’ve
been hacking on some iPods to see what’s possible. Lots of this
software is kind of raw, but you can do lots of fun stuff now. We are
just getting started, we are having fun exploring the options. Now we
want to help you do the same.

Check out our web page to see if your devices are supported:
http://dev.eyebeam.org/projects/reware/wiki/FactWorkshop

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic