[PD-announce] Blocked Signal/Score Processing with Pd / + physigs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 17 12:27:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

at LAC2010 I presented a paper on "Blocked Signal/Score Processing" or
BSP with Pd. It explores ways to use Pd's signal operators for more
control oriented applications to allow block-processing of control
stream data that are normally dealt with by message operators and shows
some examples including a physical modelling system for Pd vanilla that
is similar to MSD/PMPD - and that it damn fast for a vanilla solution.

Paper, slides and a video of my presentation are available at the Linux Audio
Conference 2010 site:

Paper: http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010/papers/24.pdf
Slides: http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010/download/lac2010_bsp_in_pd.tgz
Presentation:
http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010/recordings/day3_1045_Applications_of_Blocked_Signal_Processing_in_Pd.ogv

The code for the [physigs] abstraction shown there is at github:
http://github.com/footils/physigs

Comments welcome.

Ciao
--