[PD-announce] NYC Patching Circle this Thursday 12/16, 6-10pm

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Dec 14 15:46:23 CET 2010

Join Miller Puckette, Scott Fitzgerald and I for this month's Patching
Circle. Joe Deken of New Blankets is bringing two Microsoft Kinect 3D
cameras, so we'll be hacking with those to see what we can get going.

We'll be at Eyebeam this Thursday from 6-10pm, please RSVP to info at eyebeam.org

http://eyebeam.org/events/nyc-patching-circle

We spend enough time alone staring at our computers; we are proposing
to work together. So often issues that arise when working can be
solved with a quick two minute discussion that would take hours to
solve alone. We have Dorkbot to see people's work, we have Share where
anyone can play, we have workshops and universities to learn from.
This is a meeting where we all can come to work.

This is an informal gathering of patching and patchers (Pd, Max/MSP/
Jitter, and even vvvv, Eyesweb, Labview, etc.). Beginners and
Experienced welcome. Open to everyone, students, the public, etc. Work
on personal projects, professional projects, school projects, ask for
help, help others, or just patch quietly to yourself, in a room full of
other people patching patches and helping other people patch.

Every third Thursday of the month, so this Thursday 6-10pm
Free!

Directions

Patching Circle, http://puredata.info/community/NYCPatchingCircle
Eyebeam, http://eyebeam.org/
Thursday, Dec 16th, 6-10pm

540 W. 21st Street
Manhattan
Tel. 212.937.6580 (Eyebeam) or 718.360.4872 (Hans)
RSVP to info at eyebeam.org