[PD-announce] cw_binaural~ released!

David Doukhan david.doukhan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 19:48:57 CET 2011

Dear List,

It's been a long time since PDCON09, and I've been quite busy.
I finally cleaned up my code, did some improvements, and a
user-friendly documentation for the external cw_binaural~ .

In few words, cw_binaural~ is a binaural synthesis external allowing:
* the use of any hrtf database (listen, cipic, ...)
* the simultaneous use of different hrtfs
* the choice of the interpolation method used (all pass/pure delay
decomposition for better ITD estimation or no decomposition)
* the length of the HRIR considered
* the filtering method (spectral, temporal)
* the method used for the pure delay

Precompiled external (Linux, Mac Intel & Windows) and doc are now
available at http://perso.limsi.fr/doukhan/cw_binaural~.tgz
The external sources are available on pd svn:
trunk/externals/ddoukhan/cw_binaural~

The external has been initially described in:
CW_binaural~: a binaural synthesis external for Pure Data
David Doukhan and Anne Sedes, PDCON09

There have been few improvements since that time that are described in
the example patches.

The aim of that external is to be as user friendly as possible, so
feel free to tells any remarks helping to improve the external or the
help patches, or to ask any question concerning its use.

Hoping you will enjoy it!

--
David Doukhan