[PD-announce] [PD] cw_binaural~ released!

David Doukhan david.doukhan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 20:19:46 CET 2011

Hi,

2011/2/8 Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> Thanks for sharing this.
> Excuse my ignorance, but what use can one make of this external? Can it be
> used for mixing/mastering?

it may be used in that context, it may be used in sound installations as well.

> Also, how can i compile it on windows?

as said earlier: precompiled externals are available there
http://perso.limsi.fr/doukhan/cw_binaural~.tgz , one of them is for
windows.
Other wise you can get the source code from pd svn and compile it yourself.

> Pierre
>
> 2011/2/8 David Doukhan <david.doukhan at gmail.com>
>>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> It's been a long time since PDCON09, and I've been quite busy.
>> I finally cleaned up my code, did some improvements, and a
>> user-friendly documentation for the external cw_binaural~ .
>>
>> In few words, cw_binaural~ is a binaural synthesis external allowing:
>> * the use of any hrtf database (listen, cipic, ...)
>> * the simultaneous use of different hrtfs
>> * the choice of the interpolation method used (all pass/pure delay
>> decomposition for better ITD estimation or no decomposition)
>> * the length of the HRIR considered
>> * the filtering method (spectral, temporal)
>> * the method used for the pure delay
>>
>> Precompiled external (Linux, Mac Intel & Windows) and doc are now
>> available at http://perso.limsi.fr/doukhan/cw_binaural~.tgz
>> The external sources are available on pd svn:
>> trunk/externals/ddoukhan/cw_binaural~
>>
>> The external has been initially described in:
>> CW_binaural~: a binaural synthesis external for Pure Data
>> David Doukhan and Anne Sedes, PDCON09
>>
>> There have been few improvements since that time that are described in
>> the example patches.
>>
>> The aim of that external is to be as user friendly as possible, so
>> feel free to tells any remarks helping to improve the external or the
>> help patches, or to ask any question concerning its use.
>>
>> Hoping you will enjoy it!
>>
>> --
>> David Doukhan

David Doukhan