[PD-announce] [pd-annunce] soñando satelites, interactive installation using puredata

Husk 00 husk00 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:56:05 CET 2011

Hi list,
I just want to present to you my last work Soñando satelites [Dreaming
Satellites]. It uses puredata (thanks to Alberto Zin among others), Din -
din is noise, and gpredict with a patch from David Pello.

cheers
husk

Soñando Satelites is a real time satellite sound installation that invites
to dream and proposes to look over our head as a land to explore and hack.
It is a ritual of re-appropriation, a celebration of the fact we are
involved in the same data-space that could control bodies or change
relations between entities.
Soñando Satelites is a generative sound track connected to a real time
multi tracking satellite system called Gpredict, especially patched for the
installation. The installation aims to create an immersive audio/visual
space for the audience: the public enters a dark room where a projection of
a satellite real time tracking system is displayed. Audio is provided
through wireless headphones that allow people to move freely within the
immersive space. Only free software has been used to develop that work and
all the making process is documented for the public.

More info and audio example:

http://www.estereotips.net/?page_id=555&lang=en

get the code:

http://code.autistici.org/svn/planetQ/sonandosatelites/

https://github.com/ladecadence/GPredict—OSC

This work have been installed at:

Orbitando Satelites collective exposition, Laboral Centro de arte y
creación industrial, Gijón (ES)

Invisibles field exposition, as part of collective work, Santa Monica
centro de Arte, Barcelona (ES)

next coming event: festival cultura digital (BR)

--
"when Art become pratical, we call it technology, when Technology become
useless we call it Art"

www.estereotips.net