[PD-announce] pd 0.43-3 released

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 3 23:11:14 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Pd version 0.43-3 is available on http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.htm
or via git from sourceforge:
git clone git://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pure-data/pure-data

Main change from 0.43-2 is that MIDI input is improved on Mac and Windows.

Also, I added a stub to future-proof Pd against a possible extension of the
file format so that in the future there could be a way to set widths of
boxes and stuff like that (and 0.43-3 would read those files and only complain
once instead of complaining for pages.)

I'm ready to start hacking on 0.44.  The most urgent thing seems to be for
me to go back and work on the audio system (and perhaps tweak MIDI a bit
more too).

The thing I'm actually looking forward to doing is to extend textfiles and
message boxes and data structures to be able to spit lists of atoms around
much more flexibly than now.

Also pd vanilla needs tilde objects to do interpolating signal snapshots,
phase-syncable oscillators, and other stuff on that level, also likely
to be a lot of fun.

cheers
Miller