[PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 release candidate 2: looks done to me :)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jan 15 05:36:47 CET 2013

Thanks everyone for testing and reporting bugs!  Hammer hard on this, try any
patch you can think of, this is the very last chance to get bugs fixed in this
release.  I've fixed a number of bugs found in rc1:

* opening Max/MSP .mxb and .help files works again
* crash fixed when dynamically creating subpatches
* (Mac OS X) Japanese/Unicode names for Audio and MIDI devices now show up
  rather than just being blank
* (Windows) "Reset to Defaults" now works, using the included pd-settings.reg
* (GNU/Linux) double-clicking .pd files opens them in Pd, even with files that
  include unicode characters, spaces, semi-colons, etc.
* more strings made translatable

And some reported will have to wait til the next release:

* (Mac OS X) key commands don't work with Caps Lock on
* (GNU/Linux) smoothing out Jack (for now, check "use callbacks")

Download here:
http://puredata.info/downloads/pd-extended/releases/0.43.4

For Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc., follow "Getting the Pd-extended Beta Build":
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/debian

For more details on the changes in this release, see:
http://puredata.info/dev/NextRelease