[PD-announce] Open Call for Submissions: Run Computer, Run, Glitch, Ireland

Run Computer, Run helloruncomputerrun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:21:07 CEST 2013

Call for Submissions Run Computer, Run - GLITCH

Run Computer, Run <http://www.runcomputerrun.com> focuses on the current
economic, political and cultural factors that are shaping the Internet and
the artistic responses to them through a series of exhibitions, seminars
and a publication. The research will discuss and explore how the practice
of the digital artist is transitioning, not only with the growth of digital
technologies, but are increasingly being informed by offline factors that
are affecting how the Internet as a creative platform is being developed.
Run Computer, Run takes place during
GLITCH<http://www.ruared.ie/glitch_2013.html>festival at Rua
Red <http://www.ruared.ie/> from May 24 – July 13.

We are currently accepting submissions for the following categories:

*CALL FOR ARTWORKS*
How do we give value to immaterial goods? How do we buy and sell digital
images? What is the relationship between economics and digital aesthetics?
How can curators and artists create new platforms and models for the
creation of economic exchange? These are some of the questions that this
show attempts to answer. We are currently accepting artwork *(video, jpg,
gifs, 3d models or HTML content)* that will feature in a unique
gallery-based exhibition. The exhibition is composed of two parts – a
gallery-sited virtual show, and the online production and distribution of
materially-realised limited-edition goods.

In the gallery, each artist will be represented by an AR-code – an
augmented reality marker embedded with visual information that can only be
viewed with the aid of a computer or smart-phone. As visitors walk through
the gallery, they can interact with the markers using either their
smart-phone or one of the tablets that will be provided by the gallery.

The artwork submitted will then be produced as a series of limited-edition
goods including apparel and digital prints. These goods will be made
available online for the duration of GLITCH.

The following products will be produced for each artist included in this
exhibition:
1 Limited Edition Tee (run of 20)
1 Limited Edition tote bag (run of 20)
1 A5 postcard
1 A3 digital print (run of 30)

These goods will be made available via this website for the duration of
GLITCH.

*All profits from the sale of these goods go to the corresponding artist. *

Before submitting please consult our technical spec for file types, and use
our templates for submitting
work.<http://runcomputerrun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tech-spec.zip>

*Artwork that is not sent according to the technical spec or design
templates will not be accepted as submissions. *

Artworks will be exhibited using the Layar <https://www.layar.com/> platform

Submission guidelines:
Email hello at runcomputerrun.com with the following information:
- completed templates
 <http://runcomputerrun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tech-spec.zip> -
artist name
- short bio (max 100 words, English only)
- email, url
- work name & synopsis (max 100 words, English only)
- screenshots x 2 (jpg 800 x 600px)

All artworks must adhere to our technical specification.
One entry per artist .

Deadline for entries: May 5th 2013

All submissions will be considered by the GLITCH curatorial team. Artists
will be notified by May 12th 2013. Artwork will be exhibited during Glitch
festival <http://www.ruared.ie/glitch_2013.html> at Rua
Red<http://www.ruared.ie/>in Dublin, Ireland from May 24 – July 13

*
*

*CALL FOR SHORTS + ANIMATIONS*

This year, Glitch will host *oh internetz! -* an afternoon of shorts,
animations, video and motion-based work. We are currently accepting work
that responds to the following theme:

*oh Internetz! *celebrates an Internet-way of looking at the world. We are
seeking work that is inspired by, makes reference to, loves, trolls and
identifies itself with an Internet aesthetic. From gifs, to shorts to
moving image, we are accepting submissions that are informed by Internet
humour, aesthetics and Internet cultural practices.

Submission guidelines:
Email hello at runcomputerrun.com with a link to your video along with the
following information:
- artist/director name
- short bio (max 100 words, English only)
- email, URL
- film/video name
- duration
- synopsis about submission (max 100 words)
- screenshots x 2 (jpg 800 x 600px)

You may submit up to 3 works.
Deadline for entries: May 5th 2013
Artists/directors will be notified by May 12th 2013.
Works will be screened June 15th during Glitch
--
Glitch Festival

hello at runcomputerrun.com
www.runcomputerrun.com