[PD-announce] puredata.info maintenance finished

IEM - network operating center (IOhannes m zmoelnig) noc at iem.at
Mon May 19 14:55:37 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-14 12:43, IEM - network operating center (IOhannes m
zmoelnig) wrote:

> we've been busy migrating the hardware to a new host in the last
> few days, so we hope to restore the services in no time.

as far as we can tell, the services have been restored last thursday
(in almost no time).

unfortunately it seems that something went wrong with the sending of
mailing-list posts, thus most of you did not receive any emails
(including my initial "maintenance done" mail).
hopefully this has been fixed now.

we might be able to re-transmit the "lost" mails (but do not count on it).
for your benefit, they are archived at the usual places, e.g. [1].

while migrating the server, we also did a full software upgrade, which
might make the server more vulnerable than it used to be (all the
software running on the old pd.info was so outdated, that hardly
anybody would care to write an exploit).

however, we do hope that things work as expected.
please report aynthing weird.

one thing that did change, is that we now have a new SSL-certificate
installed, which is only valid for "puredata.info" (the old
certificate was valid for puredata.org, pure-data.info, and some
others), but should be accepted by most clients out-of-the box.

fgmasdr
IOhannes

[1] to name but a few:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-announce