[PD-announce] MUME - LAST CALL FOR SUBMISSION

Kıvanç Tatar kivanctatar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 23:59:00 CEST 2016

======================

LAST CALL FOR SUBMISSION

======================

((( MUME 2016 )))

4th International Workshop on Musical Metacreation

http://musicalmetacreation.org

June 27, 2016

MUME 2016 is to be held in Paris at Université Pierre et Marie Curie
(UPMC), in conjunction with the Seventh International Conference on
Computational Creativity, ICCC 2016.

=== Important Dates ===

Workshop submission deadline: May 1, 2016

Notification date: June 1, 2016

Camera-ready version: June 10, 2016

Workshop date: June 27, 2016

======================

MUME aims to bring together artists, practitioners, and researchers
interested in developing systems that autonomously (or interactively)
recognize, learn, represent, compose, generate, complete, accompany, or
interpret music. As such, we welcome contributions to the theory or
practice of generative music systems and their applications in new media,
digital art, and entertainment at large.

Topics

======

We encourage paper and demo submissions on MUME-related topics, including
the following:

-- Models, Representation and Algorithms for MUME

-- Systems and Applications of MUME

-- Evaluation of MUME

Submission Format and Requirements

=================================

Please make submissions via the EasyChair system at:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mume2016.

The workshop is a full day event that includes:

- Presentations of FULL TECHNICAL PAPERS (8 pages maximum)

- Presentations of POSITION PAPERS and WORK-IN-PROGRESS PAPERS (5 pages
maximum)

- Presentations of DEMONSTRATIONS (3 pages maximum) which present outputs
of systems (working live or offline).

All papers should be submitted as complete works. Demo systems should be
tested and working by the time of submission, rather than be speculative.
We encourage audio and video material to accompany and illustrate the
papers (especially for demos). We ask that authors arrange for their web
hosting of audio and video files, and give URL links to all such files
within the text of the submitted paper.

Submissions do not have to be anonymized, as we use single-blind reviewing.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least three program committee
members.

Workshop papers will be published as MUME 2016 Proceedings and will be
archived with an ISBN number. Submissions should be formatted using the
AAAI, 2-column format; see instructions and templates here:
http://www.aaai.org/Publications/Author/author.php

Submission should be uploaded using MUME 2016 EasyChair portal:

https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mume2016

For complete details on attendance, submissions and formatting, please
visit the workshop website: <http://www.musicalmetacreation.org>
http://musicalmetacreation.org

Questions & Requests

======================================

Please direct any inquiries/suggestions/special requests to the Workshop
Chair, Philippe Pasquier (pasquier at sfu.ca).

Workshop Organizers

===================

Pr. Philippe Pasquier (Workshop Chair)

School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT)

Simon Fraser University, Canada

Pr. Arne Eigenfeldt

School for the Contemporary Arts

Simon Fraser University, Canada

Dr. Oliver Bown

Design Lab, Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning

The University of Sydney, Australia

Kıvanç Tatar (MUME Administration and Publicity Assistant)

School of Interactive Arts and Technology,

Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.

--
Kıvanç Tatar
Interactive Arts and Technology
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
GSM : 1 778 858 6073
Email: kivanctatar at gmail.com
Website: https://kivanctatar.wordpress.com/