[PD-announce] Call For Works - Seoul International Computer Music Festival 2017

Jonghyun Kim agitato816 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 02:08:22 CET 2017

*Call For Works - Seoul International Computer Music Festival 2017*

* The submission deadline is extended to March 6.

The Korea Electro-Acoustic Music Society is proud to announce the Seoul
International Computer Music Festival (SICMF) 2017.
This year we collaborate with Asia Culture Center (ACC), an international
arts and cultural exchange organization located in Gwangju, Korea. It will
be a 6 day festival in an awesome place in Gwangju and offer a unique event
for you.

Categories
1. Tape music
2. Electro-acoustic music(tape or live) with instruments (up to 4 players)
3. Live electro-acoustic music
4. Audio-visual media art

Rules & Regulations
1. The submitted work has to be composed after 2014.
2. The duration has to be less than 12 minutes.
3. For the works of the category #2, the number of players is limited to 4.
4. For performances requiring non-standard or special instruments,
composers are responsible for providing the instruments and the performers
on location.
5. Channels for audio playback are limited to 8 channels.
6. Up to two works may be submitted, but they must belong to different
categories.

Submission Deadline
Monday, 6 March 2017, 6 pm (UTC+9)

How to Submit
1. Only online submissions are allowed.
- Send an email to master at keams.org with the link to the files(refer to #2
and #3 described below)
- Do not attach the files but send us the link. Use the web services such
as dropbox.com, wetransfer.com, and copy.com.

2. Media Files - Audio file(s) must be in stereo (either mp3, AIFF, or WAV)
- For the category #2 and #3: the recorded audio file and/or related
files(patches, documents, programs, etc.)
- For the category #2: the score (PDF)
- For the category #4: the video file in any format (mpeg, mov, avi, etc.).
Size of the file should, however, not be bigger than 1GB. (You may submit a
YouTube or Vimeo link.)

3. Document (format should be either TEXT, RTF, or DOC, but NEVER PDF; PDF
sometimes causes problems when copying text from it) that includes the
following information:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Male / Female
- Nationality
- Email
- Homepage (if any)
- Biography
- Title of work
- Duration
- Category
- Instruments (if any)
- Number of Audio Output Channels
- Program Notes
- World premiere / Asia premiere / Korea premiere (if applied)
- Special Requirements for the Performance (if any)

4. Additional Notes
- If you get no response from us after your submission, please email us to
this alternate address: trebari at gmail.com
- If you wish to submit offline, please contact us via email as early as
possible.

Support Policy
1. We agree to pay all costs for performing selected works (performer fees,
instrument rental, etc).
2. We offer lodging in Gwangju during the festival for the composers of the
selected works.
3. In case a composer needs bring his/her own performer(s) for specific
reasons, we agree to also offer lodging for the performer(s).
* This policy may be subject to change.

For Further Information, please email us.

festival at keams.org
http://computermusic.asia