[PD-announce] Cyclone 0.3 beta 2 released

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:40:01 CEST 2017

We got a new release of Cyclone (0.3 beta 2) - the library that clones
Max/MSP objects! Not much news here, but the fact that this version will be
the first version from cyclone 0.3 to be included in the next Purr Data
release soon. I know I said this about the release of "cyclone 0.3 beta 1",
but this time this is for real ;)

Most important changes from beta1 are: operators from the cyclone sub
library (like >~, <~, etc) now accept the "cyclone/" prefix, to be
compatible to Purr Data, which will not requite a library to load these
objects as it has the [hexloader] external built-in.

I hope vanilla could have [hexloader] built in, but this is too unlikely,
so the plan is not only to keep using a library named cyclone to carry
these operators, but also to include all objects from cyclone into this
single binary pack, in the same way as cyclone was once originally
distributed.

A couple of other highlights is that we also made major fixes for old
[sprintf] and took care of a bug we introduced to [funnel].

This should be up in deken in a day or so, but you can download it here if
you like: https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone/releases

And stay tuned for the next Purr Data release

cheers