[PD-announce] ELSE 1.0 beta 11 and Live Electrnics Tutorial (vol. 1) Released

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:03:45 CEST 2018

Hi, I'm making two announcements at once. I'm releasing yet another beta
version of ELSE, but I'm also releasing (this one is supposed to be a
biggie for me) a first draft of my didactic material that I'm translating
to English from Brazilian Portuguese and here it is:
https://github.com/porres/Live-Electornics-Tutorial

So far the vol. 1 is ready (vol. 2 maybe done by october). I've been
working on this for exactly 10 years now, since I first started using Pure
Data to teach computer music and it's nice to finally share this in English
(but expect typos and other horrible things, remember this is a 1st draft).
Feedbacks are welcome! The plan is to write a book to be accompanied by
these examples. The old portuguese version that still relies in the one
decade old Pd Extended 0.42-5 is found here for those who wanna check out
what else is coming (Part 4 to 6 is gonna be "vol. 2")
https://github.com/porres/LiveElectronicsTutorial

Most of the recent work is into upgrading this to the latest Pd vanilla and
also in the development of ELSE, which is now the only library needed as a
dependency for these examples. And it now needs the latest release of ELSE:
beta 11 - which brings us back to the first announcement. This is up on
deken for the major OS, so just download it directly from Pd and check
details here: https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases

cheers